Aspiring SEN Teacher - Surrey based
We are looking for a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to support children with complex learning needs and associated challenging behaviours. No previous experience is required.
This school provides a safe learning environment for children with complex learning needs. The students are 2-19 years old and often have multiple diagnosis so their needs can be quite severe. The school provides therapies including: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Music, Speech and Language Therapies. Each team works closely with children to ensure their physical and emotional needs are met. The school has excellent facilities and on-site equipment including a therapy pool, sensory rooms and uses I-Gaze technology, and there is excellent on-site training, support and CPD.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist teams, enabling you to expand your knowledge and skillset which is invaluable for you, as an aspiring SEND Teacher. Such teams include: Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Nursing Teams.
Professional Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to prepare resources for teaching and learning activities
- Ability to plan learning activities to suit pupil ability with support from a teacher
- Willing to work 1:1 and in small groups with students
- Able to develop knowledge and experience to deliver appropriate support
- Able to encourage the development of social skills and support students' individual needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide behaviour and pastoral support
- Attend staff meetings and complete appropriate CPD
- Ensure safeguarding of students
- Passionate about helping children to achieve their full potential
- Able to build confidence and motivation
- Ability to build robust and effective relationships with students
- Ability to remain calm and resilient when placed in situations of stress or conflict
- Caring, compassionate, and a good listener
5 days a week (Mon-Fri)£75-£90 per day
Apply now or contact Eleanor Chessun-Lawrence at Academics Ltd:
Candidates registering with Academics Ltd will need to have or apply for an Enhanced DBS and/or overseas police check where appropriate.