Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
This role will provide global functional & technical solution integration leadership for the end to end processes within financial planning and analysis(FP&A) for the value realization of Astellas strategic SAP business operating platform (APPLE+) and regional manufacturing SAP systems. This role will also lead solution delivery for FP&A Transformation and Integration of FP&A platform solution within Apple platform. Accountable for the overall global template technical solution, integration of various processes, solution and data aspects for program implementation and on-going management of solution. Manage solution issues and risks to ensure the design, development of a standard FP&A solution with minimal or no customizations. Enable an on time and under budget delivery of the upcoming business integration programs. Coordinates with Program functional work-stream leaders, System Integrator(s), external suppliers, and Astellas functional business leaders / executives to drive the program through global template solution design, deployment and overall governance of the global template for FP&A.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Participates in strategic planning and budgeting activities for FP&A process areas for IS -- SAP group
* Create and own the FP&A solution plan and drive completion of all deliverables. Develop and maintain guidelines, principles, policies, standards, reference models and best practices for all matters related to FP&A process areas related process and solution architecture.
* Accelerate digital SAP solutions implementation for FP&A in Apple platform to support digital transformation initiatives
* Functional integration of overall Apple platform and all other SAP solutions for FP&A
* Responsible for successful global template technical solution implementation meeting full value realization across the business functions of FP&A and inter-related processes.
* Enable the realization of the strategic direction by implementing standard, leading practice global template based solutions and following established governance on design
* principles, solution development and deployment.
* Coordinates with cross-functional work-stream leads, System Integrator(s), external suppliers, and Astellas functional business leaders to drive solution design, deployment and overall governance of the global template.
* Participates in strategic planning and budgeting activities for Apple Platform and regional SAP solutions and platforms on an on-going basis.
* Develop and maintain a 5-year roadmap for the FP&A process areas for IS -- SAP group, ensuring it reflects the current and future business needs, aligned with industry, SAP best practices and solution roadmap.
* Create and own the SAP FP&A solution plan globally and drive completion of all deliverables. Develop and maintain guidelines, principles, policies, standards, reference models and best practices for all matters related to SAP/ERP & program related processes and solution integration.
* Enforce governance of the standards and bring visibility to customizations and deviations. Drive harmonized industry-best practice process across all business functions and geographies allowing minor configurations (as necessary for legal, regulatory requirement) with no customizations.
* Partnering with the global business work stream leads, serve as the custodian of the FP&A solution template.
* Lead the development of technical design / solution. Lead and facilitate design sessions amongst business, IS stakeholders/leaders & SME(s), driving integration and eliminating gaps.
* Following established global template solution governance process; clearly articulate what is global template and what qualifies as localization. Manage Demand globally, establish a release schedule that is managed via template versions and coordinate the rollout of the template version releases globally.
* Establish and maintain a repository of processes and solution documentation/assets that encompasses the global template clearly articulating in-scope solutions of the global template. Maintain assets that are current and visually depict the global template solution in forms of entity relationship structures, intercompany relationships including both physical and financial flow of goods and services and all process flows.
* Maintain a solution guide that articulates supported languages (system, data, and output), currencies and various other rules that make up the overall Solution. Maintain the guide, as the business requirements and solution continues to evolve.
* Manage and own Solution documentation of the Apple Platform and other SAP systems in Solution Manager and other approved enterprise repository. Ensure the documentation always reflect the current business and system processes, solution.
* Responsible and accountable for 100% adherence to Astellas SDLC, CSV, Change management, JSOX controls (ITGC and application controls).
* Collaborate and align with Apple and SAP Architect and provide input to the Design Authority board for the program.
* Collaborate within the different workstreams and project team members to resolve conflicts, issues, and deviations and drive them to resolution
* Lead, manage and motivate a team of experienced functional and technical analysts
* Lead the continuous development of the innovation culture; work with people in such a manner as to build high enthusiasm and group commitment to the development of a robust solution that meets and or exceeds program goals and objectives
* Organization: > 10 internal and/or external staff involved with SAP FP&A Programs/ projects (mainly external)
* Financial: Program management with multiple service providers and suppliers at 5-10 MM USD CAPEX investments
* Internal Clients: Business leads and project members from FP&A globally
* Vendors: Multiple global vendors (SAP and other providers like Accenture, TCS, ...)
* Reports to : Senior Director, SAP Solution Delivery & Architecture
* Peer group: Sr Director -- P2P Process Owner GBS, Exec Director -- Global BPO Lead GBS, Director -- Global Financial Services Lead, Director -- GBS Reporting Lead, Director -- Relationship Management -- RDP, Director -- RDP Application Management Lifecycle , Director, SAP Solution Delivery - HCM&M , Director, SAP Security and Controls Management
* >7 years of SAP FP&A experience with a proven record of accomplishment as a team lead of large and complex SAP business-system transformation programs.
* >12 years of experience with implementing & leading SAP FP&A teams
* 7 years of experience in team leadership role(s) directing, leading, or managing the FP&A project team
* 7 years of experience in the Life Sciences Industry
* Detailed understanding for following FP&A areas:
* End of End FP&A processes
* Strategic plan formulation
* Budgeting and planning
* Analysis and refinement
* Planning areas
* Long Range and Strategic planning and analysis
* Aggregated financial planning and analysis
* Revenue and COGS planning and analysis
* Detailed expense planning and analysis
* Cash flow management planning and analysis
* CAPEX planning and analysis
* Headcount, Salary and Benefits planning and analysis
* Major large, complex high-end SAP FP&A implementations; experience in multi-country implementations required
* Broad and deep SAP FP&A application and technical knowledge including latest innovations required
* Must have had hands-on experience with designing, configuring and implementing SAP FP&A solutions covering business processes in finance and controlling.
* Must have had experience with implementing one or more of the SAP solutions listed below and should have hands-on prior SAP FP&A experience using
* SAP Analytics Cloud
* SAP BPC on HANA
* SAP B4 HANA
Solution awareness and overall understanding of one or more of the solutions below is required:
* Governance Risk and Control systems -- SAP GRC, Greenlight AVM, SAP NF-e, e-invoicing
* Cloud based "SaaS"solutions for Procure to Pay, Ariba P2P, Concur
* User experience and Mobility -- SAP FIORI
* SAP Systems landscape (Hybrid model)
* Administration systems -- SAP Solution Manager, Enable Now, HP ALM & Worksoft, TDMS
* Application integration technologies -- SAP PO, CPI, External gateway systems
* Seen as a change agent and future leader of the company
* Ability to work in highly matrixed environments managing global teams comprised of employees and system integrators.
* Demonstrated ability to lead culturally diverse teams including offshore models
* Innovative mindset and experience with agile, proto-typing and rapid development models
* Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, analytical, change management and communication skills.
* Aligned with program goals and principles
* Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Excellent understanding of business functional areas and "end to end" global business processes & sub-processes
* Work experience across multiple cultures and countries / regions is a plus
* Fluent in written and verbal business English
* A Bachelor's degree is required
* An advanced degree or certification(s) preferred
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled