General Description: As an Automation MultiCraft Technician in a fast-paced world class bacon processing facility you will maintain, troubleshoot, optimize high speed food processing equipment, high speed packaging equipment, industrial smokehouses and chillers and automated rail systems. Position Summary: MultiCraft Automation Technician duties are, but not limited to, maintain, troubleshoot, optimize, install, upgrade, calibrate and repair electronic, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and components. Equipment included but not limited to: conveyors, motors, meters, instrumentation, high-speed slicing/packaging equipment, control panels, PLC/PAC control systems, variable frequency drives, high speed vision systems, robotics, scales, production printers and computers. Fabricates, installs, adjusts, calibrates, repairs, replaces parts, dismantles, and rebuilds electrical equipment/instruments to correct problems per schematics and work instructions. Works with both AC and DC electrical systems with voltages at or near 10, 12, 24 110, 220, 480 volts and 4 -20 mA and 0 - 10 vdc control signals and various communication protocols. Requirements include:
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience in a technical field is required.
- 5-10 years' experience of proven food processing/manufacturing experience in electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatics is preferred.
- Associates degree in technical field or a minimum two (2) years vocational/formal training in a maintenance field.
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing/food processing environment. Four (4) years of PLC/control system troubleshooting/programming/repairing experience.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with Allen Bradley controls, Siemens, Schneider, Beckhoff, and various drive technologies.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.