This is a key role in the Procurement and Programme Management Team delivering supplier and provider relationship management support to teams across our client. The role will be responsible for specialist contract creation and advising teams across a significant portfolio of contracts throughout the whole life cycle. The successful candidate will have the technical knowledge and experience to ensure the client meets all statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements and play a significant role ensuring continuous alignment with the delivery of their strategic plan. The postholder will have the skills and attributes to develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with teams founded on the provision of robust and expert contracting support.Key accountabilities:
- Provide contract management leadership and contribute to the strategic planning of projects, identifying interdependencies across projects/functions.
- Development of contracts for commissioning work; liaising with leads and subject matter experts to ensure requirements are captured and contracts are set to maximise the delivery of agreed outcomes and outputs.
- Develop and maintain constructive working with teams to support colleagues lead and manage supplier and provider relationships.
- Creation of accurate and timely procurement and contract information (Key Performance Indicators) to support monitoring and management.
- Have a clear and detailed expertise around the contract documentation and clauses to ensure the most effective and proactive analysis and monitoring of performance.
- Adherence to financial processes and assist with the process of audits and subsequence compliance with recommendations.
- Liaison with commissioning and delivery teams throughout the whole contract life cycle.
- Work closely with SMEs, leads and Finance to ensure that that contract monitoring and performance management is rigorous and effective.
- Oversee the monitoring of expenditure against contracts, where necessary take action to manage issues
- Act as lead and expert on defined areas of contracting policy and procedure.
- Contribute to the development and embedding of an open and transparent route to market strategy.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with teams across the client supporting contract and supplier relationship management.
- Provide support to contract development, negotiation and finalisation including contract activity plans, cost schedules and transformation plans.
- Adhere to, and contribute to the development of, a process and timetable for contract monitoring and performance management.
- Contribute and provide advice to short-, medium- and long-term business plans to achieve quality outcomes; understand resource requirements and build in contingency as required.
- Work closely with SMEs, organisational leads, and finance to ensure that contract monitoring and performance management is rigorous and effective.
- Provide contract support at supplier/provider meetings as required; engage with senior managers, appropriate leads and finance staff to prepare and provide in person support as required.
- Support business areas to build appropriate and effective relationships with suppliers; and build strong relationships with strategic suppliers.
- Take appropriate action to understand and reverse adverse movement in contract activity/financial positions.
- Engage others in analysis, and manage complex analysis regarding performance across a range of providers and measures.
- Support the maintenance and development of contracting information systems to ensure accuracy and currency of information (e.g. planned activity and reports).
- Work with the Director and other team members to ensure the agreed route to market strategy is understood and embedded by leading and taking colleagues on a journey and managing change and new ways of working.
Person SpecificationKnowledge and experience:
Experience of providing advice on best practice contract management techniques as well as Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicator design and development.
- Experience of completing / drafting contacts ensuring all requirements are captured and understood and ready for sign off.
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams at varying levels of seniority.
- Experience of supporting teams to deliver supplier and provider management as well as experience in developing wider strategic relationships with suppliers to gain maximum benefits of the relationship.
- Experience of supporting teams throughout the whole contract life cycle and providing support at review points as required.
- Experience of collating and presenting accurate management data and information.
- Experience of working in or with commissioning organisations.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to negotiate and influence others in a positive manner and confidence to deal with different priorities and differing views.
- Ability to manage expectations.
- Diplomacy and ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences in a variety of ways.
- Strong delivery focus, with the ability to drive progress forward and a concern for results and achieving goals.
- Sets high standards of performance and seeks to improve previous performance levels.
- Able to chair meetings confidently and effectively.
- Required to work on own initiative.
- Be flexible during times of change.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Qualification.
- Relevant industry qualification.