Data Engineer - £70-£80k - Hybrid London
A leading options market maker with a global trading footprint. We have been at the evolutionary forefront of options market making for 20 years, from the open outcry of traditional trading pits to the screen trading and automated algorithmic execution strategies that form the future of the industry.
From offices in London, Amsterdam, Singapore and Sydney the company offers best in class liquidity solutions across Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX derivatives markets and pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial, collaborative and philanthropic culture.
About the team
This role sits in the newly formed Data team which is responsible for designing, building and implementing scalable, supportable on-prem and in cloud data pipelines for trading analytics.
The team has a unique role in seeking out new and exciting solutions to problems, whilst balancing this against the need to provide a reliable, well monitored, documented and supported data infrastructure that is critical to trade analytics and decision making.
The team is growing to allow us to better focus on the future of trading analytics and so this is an excellent opportunity to shape the technical and strategic direction of the company's data estate.
About the role
As a Data Engineer you will form part of the Data and Platform Engineering team. This role will work predominantly on complex internal platform and data projects, engaging from Proof of Concept stages through to implementation of complex solutions on our environments. You will work collaboratively with the internal team and trading platform developers to optimize platform performance, develop reference architectures, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining complex software solutions in the big data space.
- Ability to contribute towards large-scale high-performance data analytics platforms.
- Optimising performance of complex distributed production deployments
- Writing and producing high quality project deliverables, technical documentation, knowledge base articles.
- Working closely with Data Operations, Platform and Trading teams at all levels to ensure rapid response on given requirements.
- Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Computer Science / STEM related subject.
- Experience designing and deploying streaming and batched data pipelines
- Proven experience with SQL
- Enjoys solving difficult problems and loves to be challenged
- Experience in data engineering
- Understanding of DevOps and Linux
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience working with a GCP, AWS or similar
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- And interest and knowledge of finance and trading
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power BI or Looker
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Programming experience in Go
General Tech Stack:
- Google Cloud Platform
We are welcoming, inclusive and collaborative. We work fast and smart in a supportive and dress-down environment that allows colleagues to be themselves and achieve great things. We have a flat structure that offers unrivalled engagement with senior leadership and career development opportunities alongside a fantastic benefits package, including:
- Unlimited annual leave & flexible working
- Private health and dental insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Free access to our gym
- Employee wellbeing guidance and support
- Opportunity to become involved in the rewarding work of our foundation