Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. For more information about Amazon Operations, visit:
The role of Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within our amazon sites. You will report to the Senior Operations Manager and you will be directly responsible for a team of Area Managers and their direct reports. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network.
• Possibility to join our "affinity groups", because our culture of inclusion is what makes our company unique and with an environment where our employees feel valued, trusted and connected;
• Extensive onboarding process;
• Multiple training programs;
• Mentorship programs;
• Great career development opportunities within Amazon (also in other areas and regions);
• More information about benefits at this link:
Key job responsibilities
• Play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound, Inbound or Reverse Logistics area of Operations within our Amazon site;
• Maintain health and safety standards and promote a health and safety culture on site;
• Lead, motivate and support a large team, composed by Area Managers and their direct reports;
• Management and tracking of operations metrics;
• Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager);
• Work on continuous improvement initiatives within your site and the international Amazon Operations network.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
• Experience in leading and coaching managers and their teams;
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken English and German;
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong analytical skills to dig into data and find solutions for a variety of operational problems;
• Experience with Lean management methodologies: e.g. Kaizen, Six Sigma;
• Previous experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.