We have an exciting opportunity for LTS Network Support Officer positions working in our Above 7 bar Planning team. The roles are based in Horley and will report to either the LTS Planning Manager or LTS Future Systems Planning Manager. You will be carrying out >7bar Network Analysis on our existing natural gas networks to ensure SGN meets its UNC and Gas Transporter license obligations to operate a safe and economic gas transportation system. You will also be undertaking network analysis for SGN Energy Futures projects in support of their research and development towards a Net Zero future
Key responsibilities will include;
- The development of >7bar network analysis models using Graphical Falcon software.
- Support with booking NTS Exit Capacity (Flat and Flex) and negotiating Assured Offtake Pressures from the NTS during the annual application window.
- Development of investment strategies to ensure that the Local Transmission System pipelines and AGIs owned by SGN have sufficient capacity to meet our '1 in 20' Gas Transportation License obligations.
- Development of storage models to ensure SGN have sufficient storage to supply customers diurnal profile in order to meet '1 in 20' Gas Transportation License obligations.
- Development of gas supply strategies and contingency plans for Gas Control Centre and Operations Teams to support and mitigate risk during operational procedures.
- Validation of LTS planning models in line with policies and procedures in order to be confident that the results simulate actual in-ground conditions and can therefore provide the basis for sound investment decisions and safe & efficient operational procedures.
- Undertaking analysis in support of load enquiries for connections that may cause significant impact on the LTS and where necessary determine the required reinforcement / interruption strategy.
- Undertaking analysis in support of enquiries for network entry connections such as Biomethane / Coal Bed Methane / LNG to determine the available system capacity to accept the import in to the LTS. Where enquiries proceed from the initial enquiry stage - produce capacity study detailing the impact and spread of the imported gas at various demand conditions in support of full feasibility study.
- Undertaking analysis and produce documentation to document the required actions in the event of the failure of NTS Offtakes.
- Compliance with commercial rules and charging methodologies that maximise SGN's position and ensure compliance.
- Provision of written content for SGNs Long Term Development Statement (LTDS)
- Provision of written content for SGNs Exit Capacity regulatory requirements (ECPG)
- Network analysis support to Energy Futures for all planning activities associated with the development and future operation of SGN's >7bar networks transporting hydrogen.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We're looking for candidates with good analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative; good communication skills with experience of managing relationships with key stakeholders; a flexible approach with the ability to work as part of the team and on their own initiative with the ability to manage and meet deadlines.
You will be self-motivated, with good attention to detail and a proactive work ethic and have excellent numerical and analytical skills to be able to problem solve.
You will have excellent report writing skills with the ability to develop papers for internal and external parties.
You will have a sound technical background supported by an understanding of gas transportation activities. Ideally you will have knowledge of >7bar gas transmission networks and understanding of network modelling and experience of using analytical tools (Graphical Falcon, PRISM) but this is not essential.
We're also looking for;
- Experience of Microsoft O365 applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of regulatory governance and Uniform Network Code
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures with a clear understanding of the SGN business and key stakeholders.
- High energy and a desire to succeed.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you're interested in - you might have a skill we didn't realise we needed!