**This position is eligible for a minimum of $40,000 Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates**
Are you a subject matter expert in electronic fuzing technologies?
Would you enjoy knowing your efforts directly impact defending our nation and allies?
Do you enjoy leading a team as much as contributing in one?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
This position is in the Energetics and Propulsion Department, which is part of the Mechanical Products Team. This organization is responsible for the full spectrum of warhead fuzing, rocket motor ignition and all other weapon initiation safety systems technology. Develop architectures, top-level design concepts and requirements for new safety system needs.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Apply or develop advanced electronic fuzing technologies for our product lines.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to subcontractors and mentor Fuze & Initiation Systems Section engineers.
- Support the Systems Safety Engineering organization.
- Frequently interface with the Customer to identify user needs.
- Work with customers, subcontractors and suppliers to resolve engineering issues, develop new products and hold technical reviews.
- Develop initial fuze & Initiation systems safety system architectures and top level designs.
- Design, analyze, test and evaluate fuze & initiation systems.
- Develop Statements-of-Work (SOWs) and estimates for development support.
- Develop Critical Item Development Specifications (CIDS) and electrical logic and interface requirements.
- Support fact-finding and contract negotiations.
- Ensure technical rigor and depth of all deliverables
- Develop and present technical fuzing designs and updates to the DoD safety review boards.
- Must be willing to travel to suppliers and government facilities
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM): General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field.
- Ten (10) years of electronic circuit design (digital and/or analog) and analysis
- Or an Advanced degree and 7 years of relevant experience
- Engineering experience in fuzing systems development and/or initiation systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Advanced degree as described above
- Fifteen (15) years of directly related experience in fuzing and safety subsystems
- Experience performing electrical stress analysis, electrical thermal analysis, environmental survivability assessment.
- Ability to analyze analog, digital, mixed signal and power conversion circuits using simulation and computational skills.
- Ability to Interface with engineering groups within Missile Systems for analyses and provide subject matter expertise.
- Prepare and present technical papers for customer safety review boards.
- Experience in developing Fuzing, Safe & Arm products that meet MIL-STD-1316, MIL-STD-1901 and MIL-STD-464.
- Experience in design and testing against the requirements of JOTP-051, 052, 053.
- Experience with energetic and pyrotechnic initiators, exploding foil deflagrating initiators (EFDI), low energy exploding foil initiators (LEEFI) and their operation.
- Technical writing skills in the areas of detailed design requirements, test requirements, statements of work, white papers and technical presentations.
- Current DoD security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.