To repair mold equipment by utilizing various tools and equipment to weld, file, grind, vent, polish, letter cut, lathe work, millwork etc. Key Responsibilities:
• Weld, grind, file, machine, and polish mold equipment and return equipment to specifications.
• Grind lathe tools and do lathe work as required.
• Run surface grinder when reducing mold equipment.
• Use manual lathe and milling machines when required for repairing mold equipment.
• Keep welding torches and gauges in safe and proper working condition.
• Use gauges to verify equipment is to correct dimensions.
• Keep work area clean and follow safe working practices.
• Inspect mold equipment when needed.
• Inform supervisor of irregularities of materials and mold equipment. Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a production manufacturing environment.
• Technical school degree is desired (will consider years of experience and/or equivalent educational experience)
• CNC programming and operations preferred.
• Welding and blueprint reading experience preferred.
• Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
• Ability to follow and retain directions as well as manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to reach a common goal.
• Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with ability to improve and promote quality and safety.
• Ability to independently maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Basic computer knowledge. Environment and Physical Requirements
• This is an hourly position in a union environment.
• Candidates must be able to swing shifts alternating between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
• Must be able to work in extreme hot temperatures.
• 100% inside work
• Noise level 70 dbs
• Exposures to dusts of lead, nickel, chromium, graphite
• Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within department responsibilities. About Ardagh Group
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation.We push the boundaries of what s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people.If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you ll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market: