If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Quality Engineering typically addresses the day-to-day issues with production quality within the manufacturing plant, at the customer site and suppliers' facilities. Individuals in Quality Engineering roles often work with Product Engineering to determine the key product characteristics and how best to measure them in a real-time plant environment.
This Quality Engineering position is responsible for the day-to-day quality functions in the McCanna, Worcester 45, Noble ball valves, and TX3 butterfly valve. Individuals in these roles are involved in proactively reducing variation and eliminating defects using tools such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing and may work with production to train operators in new assembly methods and new testing criteria.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Support manufacturing with day-to-day quality issues over multiple product lines
- Dispositions nonconformances in a timely manner
- Interact with distributors/end users to solve process issues
- Evaluate and disposition customer returns for repair requests
- Lead Corrective action/Preventive action activities with a Zero-Defect mindset
- Support engineering as necessary with product issues
- Lead supplier corrective action activities
- Review/approve supplier deviation requests
- Review/approve first piece inspections
- Review products following completion for compliance to engineering and ex port compliance requirements as necessary
- Lead/Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Create or modify Quality Procedures/Work Instructions as required
- Diagnose and resolve issues for the McCanna, Worcester 45, Noble, TX3 valves
- Participates or leads in ISO 9001 internal audits
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) events
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Experience in engineering and utilization of Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Experience in quality control department
- Understanding of product / process flow
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or BA Degree in relevant field and 3-5 years relevant experience
Req ID : R-504
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to employment@. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.