After focusing on the development of 5G for the past number of years, the focus is now being shifted to the next generation of technology, towards 6G. We have a variety of roles within this department at the moment and are looking for researchers to join us as we define what the future of mobile telecoms will look like and then support in the research and development to bring that vision to reality
The 6G Research team is responsible for research activities towards concepts and solutions for 6G technologies and communication systems. The team has a particular focus on Communication AI and next generation network architecture. We identify, develop, and demonstrate technologies internally and externally, through publications, simulations, demonstrations and intellectual property.
For the role of Research Manager/Tech Lead on System Architecture, we are looking for an experienced researcher and a domain expert to lead the research activities on System Architecture within the 6G Research team. As someone who will work in the absolute forefront of new technologies for next generation mobile communications, you will be a domain expert on system architecture, have in-depth knowledge on end-to-end network, and bring domain expertise to drive benefits in future system architecture through broader consideration of adjacent technologies. You will spot the system-level problems in 5G networks and their implementation, explain what the implications of these problems are both technically and commercially, and then propose and advocate for solutions that improve operational, business case and societal metrics for future networks. Through your team, you will then be expected to source the right tools, and lead the development and demonstration of those solutions, as well as generating research results to justify your work and position it within the wider industry's development of 6G.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Research Manager/Tech Lead for System Architecture, you will:
- Report to Head of 6G Research, lead the research team and research activities on next generation network architecture
- Drive new technical trends and research areas on system architecture, have technical view and responsibility for developing innovative ideas, and lead the team to consolidate them in the form of publications, simulations, IPRs, and demonstrations
- Set up and see through work plan for the System Architecture team
- Collaborate and influence internally and externally, to ensure that our vision and solutions at the leading positions in the industry
Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D. in telecommunications or related areas
- Extensive research experience after PhD in two or more of the following areas: RAN and Core Networks, virtualised network, AI/ML, Micro-services, Kubernetes, orchestration, and life-cycle management.
- Previous team/project management experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Extensive experience in generating publications, IPRs, white papers, and/or software demonstrations
- Excellent technical acumen and understanding of the emerging technical trends in the industry.
- Excellent collaborations, communication and relationship building
- Proficient in problem solving
- Critical thinking, proactive, result-oriented and can-do attitude