Tradewind are currently recruiting for a hardworking SEN teacher for a very popular The Alternative Provision Secondary School in Blackburn. The role is to start 1st September 2022 till December 2022 with the view to be extended to May 2023.
The Alternative Provision Secondary School in Blackburn are offering a long-term full-time placement 5 days a week with a possibility for the role to become permanent for the right candidate. The school is based in Blackburn and has excellent public transport links with a bus stop 5 minutes walking distance to the school. The school also has a large onsite staff parking with close links to the M65.
This The Alternative Provision Secondary School rated 'Good' aims to provide the highest standards of teaching and learning so that all children can achieve their academic potential. They deliver a comprehensive curriculum with enjoyment and excellence; they encourage all children to be independent learners. They create an environment in which every child's efforts and achievements can be celebrated.
The school caters for students with a range of social and emotional mental health (SEMH) needs and behavioural difficulties. You will be Teaching in KS3, providing the full National Curriculum. As class teacher you shall be require deliver engaging and diverse lessons to pupils to encourage both academic and personal development.
This is a really friendly school and makes you feel part of an extended family. I was really impressed with the behaviour of the pupils while I was walking round, they made me feel welcome and they all had smiles on their faces. This school also encourages and healthy and active approach to everyday school life.
As a SEN Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team, who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations. Plus, the successful SEN Teacher will be provided with a comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
Additionally, while walking round the school the behaviour of the pupils was settled and had such a warm family feeling and pupils polite and welcoming.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teacher role you will need to:
- They provide a happy safe caring environment for pupils and staff.
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
- Experience teaching KS3
- Team Teach (not essential as training can be given)
- Knowledge and understanding working with a range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK