At Herren Associates, we're focused on driving innovation throughout the Federal landscape and in the business of turning insights into actions. Specializing in Cyber Security, Engineering and Management Consulting, our firm has a passion for fostering career progression and seeks to align motivated professionals with rewarding homes for their careers. With over thirty years of experience supporting an array of clients throughout the Public Sector, we welcome you to learn more about our dynamic organization and the role that you can play as we chart out a course for continued impact in the years to come.
The Senior Engineer - Hull, Mechanical & Electrical Subject Matter Expert twill work for the Science & Technology (S&T) Director in the Program Executive Office (PEO). The HM&E SME will directly support and advise the S&T Director and work with the Programs in the PEO, the Warfare Centers, and Fleet to:
- Develop and mature conditioned based maintenance (CBM) for the in-service fleet
- Complete a baseline of and maintain the S&T portfolio project completion/transition data.
- Update broader S&T capability gaps and corresponding language to facilitate annual updates and communicate near and far-term opportunities in current and future platforms.
- Identify technologies and/or processes that can be quickly leveraged to bring significant and near-term cost savings and/or capability improvements.
- Work with the programs, OPNAV, and Fleet to utilize FLEX/demonstrations/experiment events to mature innovation, technology, and streamline acceptance, transition, implementation and deployment.
- Engage ONR, DARPA, SCO, etc to ensure alignment of S&T efforts with projected acquisition program opportunities and demand signals.
- Engage with OPNAV, OSD, and (D)ASN to ensure synergy with both modernization and Navy-next priorities and alignment with mission-focused roadmaps to chart a collaborative developmental path to deliver the technical capabilities needed.
- Explore less utilized and/or non-traditional S&T venues to broaden developmental opportunities and expand resources.
- Develop tools and/or processes necessary to collect, analyze, and communicate technology gaps, resource needs, and transition.
- Assist with recommendation development, briefs, position papers, reports and draft responses for executive decision makers.
- Serve as the Director's focal point to monitor reports and aggregate issues for HM&E.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources via working groups, program development forums, and analytical activities. Progress client needs and deliverables into intelligent and actionable products.
- Monitor standards for the quality of reporting and actions in projects. Assist in the resolution of project and program priorities. Maintain up-to-date information and assures quality control throughout all contract activities.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and conferences in support of Director
- 10+ years of experience in US Navy ship engineering plant operations, maintenance, and modernization that includes the supervision of operation and program/project management of maintenance and modernization of Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems in surface ships.
- One or more of the following certifications: Engineering Officer Of the Watch (EOOW), Surface Warfare Officer (SWO)/SWO Engineering Duty Officer (EDO)/Surface Engineering Limited Duty Officer (LDO)
- Familiarity with JCIDS PPBE process for surface ship capability requirements development, ship design, acquisition, and resourcing
- An active Secret security clearance
Herren Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.