Senior Financial Accountant Chorley and South Ribble Councils Hybrid Working
Castlefield Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with South Ribble and Chorley Councils who are looking to recruit multiple roles within their Finance Department to provide key support across both authorities. These posts will be supported by a highly experienced leadership team and offers driven individuals the opportunity to add significant value to the Councils
The newly created Senior Financial Accountant role will report to and work closely with the Deputy Section 151 Officer, and will be responsible for providing high quality financial and corporate accounting services, and quality treasury management across both Chorley and South Ribble Councils and their subsidiary companies.
- Providing expert financial support and advice to Members, the Senior Management Team, Directors, and Heads of Service
- Supporting the production of capital and revenue budgets across both Councils
- Supporting the prearation of the statement of accounts for each Council and their subsidiary companies
- Assisting the Deputy Section 151 Officer in managing banking and merchant service contract at each Council
- Responsibility for the leadership and day-to-day management of Financial Accountant
- Ensuring robust financial controls are in place, and identifying process improvements
The successful candidate;
- Qualified CCAB/CIMA Qualified Accountant, with evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of delivering closure of accounts and production of statutory accounts
- Experience of financial accounting procedures and transactional accounting processes
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply financial standards, regulations, and legislation
To apply for this position, please use the link provided or contact Matthew Swindell / Sydney Seddon at Castlefield Recruitment.
Application deadline: Monday 3rd October, 2022