At EY, you ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
ESG/sustainability considerations are playing an increasingly key role in transaction processes, as they impact investment decisions and asset valuations. In our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team, we offer advice on all aspects within the transaction cycle and provide support on corporate decision-making. We are committed to integrate ESG considerations in our standard approach to due diligence and are looking to strengthen our team with an experienced professional, bringing expertise in ESG risk assessment and ESG value creation.
Your key responsibilities
- Leading ESG due diligence projects (sell-side and buy-side) in the context of national and international M&A transactions
- Conducting ESG risk assessments (including their monetary implications for clients from different industries), market analyses, expert interviews and site visits to identify potential ESG issues to be addressed
- Performing risk and cost assessment of contamination at company sites from a technical and economic point of view (soil, groundwater, buildings) as well as consultancy and compliance audits in the field of occupational health and safety and ESG portfolio assessments
- Supporting the development of ESG strategies in the context of M&A processes (e.g. ESG pre-deal screening), the development of ESG carve-out/integration concepts, up to the operational ESG implementation
- Communicating with decision makers of our clients (e.g. private equity companies, industrial clients) and supporting them in the development of innovative approaches and in the implementation of strategic topics in the field of climate protection and sustainability
- Performing business development for the expansion of our ESG services, both related to risk assessment and value creation
- Developing thought leadership / publications
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Degree in environmental sciences, geosciences, economics, industrial engineering, environmental management or a comparable degree program
- Strong understanding of business administration and interest in both strategic and operational ESG issues (e.g. M&A, business models, process optimization/value creation)
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in an ESG-related function at a financial investor, in management consulting / transaction advisory (focus on environment, occupational safety, sustainability), in EHS or in sustainability departments of industrial companies (e.g. areas of soil contamination, water contamination, contaminated sites or occupational safety). Knowledge / experience in scenario analysis, science-based target setting or sustainable supply chain a plus
What makes you stand out:
- Team player with commitment and a high degree of responsibility and independence
- Structured, goal-oriented and analytical thinking
- Fluent in English and in German, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with common IT applications, such as MS Office
What we offer
- Individual career support and further development beyond your own specialist area and industry focus
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Joining a first-class global company with access to cutting-edge technologies
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based and competitive compensation
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team ( / ).
The exceptional EY experience. It s yours to build.