Introduction to MyEyeDr.
How do you see yourself today?Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve?
MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company:a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction.
Our business model is unlike others in the industry:we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions.You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patientsâ needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team.
We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways.If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
MyEyeDr is looking for a Technical and Financial Reporting Senior Accountant to support our fast-growing organization. This individual will be a key member of the finance and accounting team focused on financial reporting and technical accounting and will provide guidance on maintaining accounting policies and applying technical accounting research to ensure accounting policies are in conformance with US GAAP.In addition, this role will provide support on the adoption of new accounting standards and perform monthly accounting for debt and equity.The Technical and Financial Reporting Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Financial Reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and document technical accounting issues, including providing guidance for new projects and initiatives as well as new accounting pronouncements (including, but not limited to lease accounting, revenue recognition, goodwill impairment and capitalized software)
- Establish accounting processes and an internal control framework over newly implemented accounting rules
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Prepare annual financial statements and footnotes in connection with the year-end audit ensuring technical compliance with the financial statement disclosure checklist
- Oversee the accounting for the following functions: stock-based compensation and other equity transactions, debt and cash flow hedges. This includes monthly journal entries and reconciliations, as well as related annual budget and forecasting support for all owned accounts
- Work closely with the general ledger team to develop and oversee internal controls to ensure compliance across the organization
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and update documentation as necessary.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting in preparing materials, transcripts and Q&A for conference calls with Private Equity, Lenders and other required parties regarding earnings and operations
- Prepare annual / quarterly government surveys, as necessary
- Collaborate with internal teams on a regular basis including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, FP&A, Tax, Legal, Compensation and Benefits and Treasury
- Build and maintain business relationships with key partners such as external auditors, private equity firms, valuation specialists, and others as deemed appropriate
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle or comparable large ERP software system (e.g., SAP)
- Experience with ProLease, Ceridian Dayforce and/or other solutions systems a plus
- Experience with MS Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKLUPâ s, and complex formula
- Experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
Bachelorâ s degree (B.S.) in Accounting, MBA plus
Credentials (if required) â
Â CPA required
Â Strong knowledge of US GAAP in a public accounting environment
Â Experienced with accounting concepts related to the retail industry, optical a plus
Â Strong written and oral communication and ability to relate and communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department
Â Proven ability to work cross-functionally with diverse groups
Â Requirement to handle confidential information with strong business ethics
Â Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement in results
Â Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize deliverables, multitask and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify gaps in controls and remedy in partnership with management team
Â Approximately 70% remote work and 30% in office (in accordance with corporate guidelines, subject to change with monitoring of COVID 19)
Â Must be able to travel ~5%