Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
We are seeking a Full-time Teacher to work with adolescents who are in our adolescent residential substance use disorder treatment program. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping others live a life of recovery and have teaching experience.
Rosecrance Jackson Centers seeks dedicated individuals to provide the highest quality care to treat substance use disorders and mental health issues. We're focused on one thing: Providing the best opportunity for long and lasting recovery.
With more than 60 locations, Rosecrance offers high quality and efficient comprehensive services for children, adolescents and adults. We hold ourselves and our staff to very high standards and in return for excellence we provide a comprehensive salary and benefit package including health, life, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan with company match, licensure expense reimbursement, and paid time off bank.
Teach students in order to improve their academic performance. Works closely with faculty, health care staff, home school district, and students to determine needs and extent of educational resources that will be needed. Serve as liaison between Rosecrance Jackson Centers and the home school district to provide the student the greatest chance to return to school in an academically sound manner. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in education and classroom teaching experience.
Licensed teacher in the state of Iowa.
Secondary Education Endorsement.
Special Education Certification/Endorsement is preferred but not required.
Skilled in behavioral management techniques.
Ability to coordinate and present academic instruction for clients.
1. Work prescribed hours for accepted assignments.
2. Designs and implements exercises and activities to facilitate student's academic improvement.
3. Determines student's needs for assistance in other areas and refers as necessary.
4. Serve as a member of the Treatment Team as needed.
5. Provide positive learning environment, maintaining standards of student behavior.
6. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
7. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
8. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
- Day shift, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Full-time - 40 hours
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Centers - Sioux City, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf